Family Literacy Services Law and Legal Definition
According to 20 USCS § 7801(20) the term “family literacy services” means “services provided to participants on a voluntary basis that are of sufficient intensity in terms of hours, and of sufficient duration, to make sustainable changes in a family, and that integrate all of the following activities:
(A) Interactive literacy activities between parents and their children.
(B) Training for parents regarding how to be the primary teacher for their children and full partners in the education of their children.
(C) Parent literacy training that leads to economic self-sufficiency.
(D) An age-appropriate education to prepare children for success in school and life experiences.”
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Absent Uniformed Services Voter
- Acceptable Identification of Goods and Services Manual
- Action for the Loss of Services
- Actuarial Services [Employee Retirement]
- Additional Health Services
- Administrative Support Services [Education]
- Adolescent Family Life Act
- Adult Day Services (ADS) (Health Care)
- Adult Protective Services
- Advisory and Assistance Services