Floral Transaction and Consumer Protection Act Law and Legal Definition
Floral Transaction and Consumer Protection Act provides that any activity will be considered as a deceptive business practice and unlawful for a supplier to misrepresent its geographic location by listing a fictitious or assumed business name in a local telephone directory. The provisions of this Act shall apply to telephone listings in a local telephone directory published or updated for the calling area at least 90 days.
The provisions of this Act is not applicable to:
1.an owner, or personnel of an owner, of any medium in which an advertisement appears or through which an advertisement is disseminated; or
2. a publisher or distributor of a local telephone directory in which an advertisement or local telephone number appears or through which the advertisement or number is disseminated.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- 21st Century Nanotechnology Research and Development Act of 2003
- 3-A Sanitary Standards and Accepted Practice
- 3-Way Incandescent Lamp
- 30-Year Contract [Agriculture]
- 480th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Wing
- 707b Action
- 70th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Wing
- 9/11 Commission Act