Food Libel Law and Legal Definition
Food libel law means that food producers can sue his/her critics for libel. Around 13 states in the U.S. have passed food libel law. Food libel laws are also known as food disparagement laws or the veggie libel laws.
The food libel laws establish a lower standard for civil liability. The law also allows for punitive damages to the victim.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Accidental Radiation Occurrence [Food and Drugs]
- Adulterated Food
- Animal Drug Product [Food and Drugs]
- Animal Food Manufacturer
- Apparently Wholesome Food
- Attendance Factor [Food And Nutrition Service]
- Authorized Dispenser [Food and Drugs]
- Authorized Generic Drug [Food and Drugs]
- Automated Dispensing System [Food and Drugs]
- Bioavailability [Food and Drugs]