Food Safety Law and Legal Definition
Food safety is a major consumer issue. Food safety includes handling, preparation, and storage of food in ways that prevent food borne illness. This includes also includes number of routines that should be followed to avoid potentially severe health hazards. There are various standards set forth by state and federal legislations for food preparation, a set of guidelines and procedures assists food control jurisdictions by providing a scientifically sound technical and legal basis for regulating the retail and food service industries, including restaurants, grocery stores.
Regulatory agencies at all levels of government in the U.S. use the Food Code to develop or update food safety rules in their jurisdictions.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Accidental Radiation Occurrence [Food and Drugs]
- Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act
- Adulterated Food
- Air Transportation Safety and System Stabilization Act
- Alcohol Boating Safety Act
- Animal Drug Product [Food and Drugs]
- Animal Food Manufacturer
- Apparently Wholesome Food
- Approved Provider [Public Safety]
- Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials - International