Form DS-2019 Law and Legal Definition
A document provided by a university or school which proves that the individual is attending school and allows him/her to enter the U.S. legally through a J-1 visa. In order to apply for a J1-Visa, the DS-2019 form is required which can be issued only by a few authorized organizations in the US. If an application for a J-1 visa is made without the DS-2019 form, the visa application will be rejected.
When an application for the J-1 Visa is made at a U.S. consulate or embassy, the original DS-2019 Form along with other application materials should be submitted. The DS-2019 Form does not guarantee receipt of the J-1 Visa. It only serves as proof that a Department of State-designated visa sponsor supports such visa application. Each DS-2019 Form is registered through the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) of the U.S. Department of State. The DS-2019 Form is protected by a barcode. It cannot be forged and cannot be transferred to another person.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- 1040 Form
- Absent Uniformed Services Voter
- Access to Classified Information (Military)
- Adequate Information
- ADV Form
- Against the Form of the Statute
- Agricultural Research, Extension, and Education Reform Act of 1998
- Amendment of Information
- American Federation of Information Processing Societies
- American Standard Code for Information Interchange