Form DS-5509 Law and Legal Definition
Form DS-5509 is an application for the U.S. Hague Adoption Certificate or Custody Declaration. The information that is required to be filled in this form is requested pursuant to the provisions of 42 USCS § 14931(a) and § 14932(c), which requires the Secretary of State to issue Hague Adoption Certificates and Hague Custody Declarations. Completed Form DS-5509 has to be submitted to the Office of Children's Issues, Department of State.
Hague Adoption Certificates certify that a U.S. adoption has been completed in accordance with the Convention and the Intercountry Adoption Act (IAA). A Hague Custody Declaration declares that custody of a child for purposes of adoption has been granted in the U.S. in accordance with the Convention and the IAA.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- 1040 Form
- Absent Uniformed Services Voter
- Access to Classified Information (Military)
- Adequate Information
- ADV Form
- Against the Form of the Statute
- Agricultural Research, Extension, and Education Reform Act of 1998
- Amendment of Information
- American Federation of Information Processing Societies
- American Standard Code for Information Interchange