Free Law and Legal Definition
The term free has varied meanings depending on the context it is used. It can mean
1. Having legal and political rights or enjoying political and civil liberty. For example, a free citizen
2. Not subject to the constraint or domination of another. In other words, enjoying personal freedom or emancipated
3. Characterized by choice, rather than by compulsion or constraint
Unburdened For example, the land is free of encumbarances.
4. Costing nothing or gratuitous. For example, free tickets to the game.
5. To liberate. or to remove (a person or animal) from a constraint or burden.
6. Not subject to arbitrary interference by a government, for example, a free press; or not affected or restricted by a given condition or circumstance, for example, a healthy animal, free of disease; free from need.