Future Interest Law and Legal Definition
Future interests are those benefits which a present owner of a property anticipates to receive in future. Future interest is a legal right over a property. However, this does not include in it the possession or enjoyment of the property. Usually, future interests are attached to defeasible estate.
Future interest can be sold, gifted, willed or disposed of by the beneficiary. However, a third party beneficiary cannot alienate the property.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Accrued Interest
- Accrued Interest Adjustment
- Actual Conflict of Interest
- Add-on Interest
- Additional Insured or Additional Interest
- Admission Against Interest
- Adverse Interest
- Affiliate of a Futures Commission Merchant, Commodity Trading Advisor, Commodity Pool Operator or Introducing Broker
- Agency Coupled with an Interest
- Alaska National Interest Lands Conservation Act