LEAD Initiative [Equal Employment Opportunity Commission] Law and Legal Definition
LEAD Initiative refers to the Leadership for the Employment of Americans with Disabilities by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) to handle the declining number of employees with targeted disabilities in the federal workforce.
The purpose of this initiative is to significantly increase the population of individuals with severe disabilities employed by the federal government.
LEAD Initiative attempts:
a. to reverse the trend of decreasing participation in federal employment;
b. to increase the awareness of hiring officials about the declining numbers of people with disabilities in federal employment;
c. to educate federal hiring officials about how to use special hiring authorities to bring people with disabilities on board, particularly those with severe disabilities;
d. to educate applicants with severe disabilities about how to apply using the special hiring authorities available; and
e. to supply information and resources on recruitment, hiring, and providing reasonable accommodations.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- 9/11 Commission Act
- Absence Rate [Employment Law]
- Across-the-Board Increase [Employment]
- Adverse Employment Action
- Adverse Employment Decision
- Aequitas Est Quasi Aequalitas
- Affiliate of a Futures Commission Merchant, Commodity Trading Advisor, Commodity Pool Operator or Introducing Broker
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Agreement on Border Environment Cooperation Commission
- Alaska Nanuuq Commission