Legal Public Holidays [Government Organization and Employees] Law and Legal Definition
According to 5 USCS § 6103 [Title 5. Government Organization and Employees; Part III. Employees; Subpart E. Attendance and Leave; Chapter 61. Hours of Work; Subchapter I. General Provisions], the following are legal public holidays:
1. New Year's Day, January 1.
2. Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr., the third Monday in January.
3. Washington's Birthday, the third Monday in February.
4. Memorial Day, the last Monday in May.
5. Independence Day, July 4.
6. Labor Day, the first Monday in September.
7. Columbus Day, the second Monday in October.
8. Veterans Day, November 11.
9. Thanksgiving Day, the fourth Thursday in November.
10. Christmas Day, December 25.
Legal Definition list
- Legal Professional Privilege
- Legal Profession [Patents]
- Legal Proceeding
- Legal Presumption
- Legal Prejudice
- Legal Public Holidays [Government Organization and Employees]
- Legal Realism
- Legal Regime
- Legal Release
- Legal Remedy
- Legal Representative
Related Legal Terms
- 21st Century Nanotechnology Research and Development Act of 2003
- 3-A Sanitary Standards and Accepted Practice
- 3-Way Incandescent Lamp
- 480th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Wing
- 527 Organizations
- 70th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Wing
- Abandon [Shipping]
- Abandoned Infant
- Abandoned Mark