Local Improvement Law and Legal Definition
Local improvement refers to a public improvement made in a particular locality. Real property adjourning a local improvement is specially benefited by local improvement.
A public improvement is confined to a locality and enhances the value of adjacent property in addition to the benefits which it confers upon the public generally. A local improvement within the meaning of the law is an improvement which by reason of its being confined to a locality enhances the value of property situated within the particular district, as distinguished from benefits diffused by it throughout the municipality. [In re W. Ave., 93 Wash. 472, 478 (Wash. 1916)].
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Acquisition and Improvement Loan [Veterans' Relief]
- Anti Car Theft Improvements Act
- Apportionment of Local Assessment
- Appropriate Local Emergency Authority
- Board of Trustees of the Internal Improvements Trust Fund
- Broadband Data Improvement
- Broadband Data Improvement Act
- Cambium Locale
- Capital Improvement
- Center for the Improvement of Early Reading Achievement [CIERA]