Minority Group [Education] Law and Legal Definition
According to 34 CFR 280.4 [Title 34 – Education; Subtitle B -- Regulations of the Offices of the Department of Education; Chapter II -- Office of Elementary and Secondary Education, Department of Education; Part 280 -- Magnet Schools Assistance Program; Subpart A – General], the term minority group means the following:
“(1) American Indian or Alaskan Native. A person having origins in any of the original peoples of North America, and who maintains cultural identification through tribal affiliation or community recognition.
(2) Asian of Pacific Islander. A person having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, the Indian subcontinent, or the Pacific Islands. This area includes, for example, China, India, Japan, Korea, the Philippine Islands, and Samoa.
(3) Black (Not of Hispanic Origin). A person having origins in any of the black racial groups of Africa.
(4) Hispanic. A person of Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban, Central or South American, or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race.”
Legal Definition list
- Minority Friendly Shareholders Agreement
- Minority Enterprise Small Business Investment Companies
- Minority Census Tract
- Minority Business Enterprise
- Minority Business Development Agency
- Minority Group [Education]
- Minority Institution
- Minority Interests in Consolidated Subsidiaries
- Minority Opinion
- Minority Owned Businesses
- Minority Shareholder