Municipal Waste Energy Development Plan Law and Legal Definition
According to 42 USCS § 8831, the Secretary of Energy prepares a comprehensive plan for carrying out the Municipal Waste Energy Development Plan. The Secretary will consult with the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, the Secretary of Commerce, and the head of other Federal agencies while preparing the plan. The municipal Waste Energy Development Plan includes a statement containing:
(1) the anticipated research, development, demonstration, and commercialization objectives to be achieved;
(2) the management structure and approach to be adopted to carry out such a plan;
(3) the program strategies, including detailed milestone goals to be achieved;
(4) the specific funding requirements for individual program elements and activities, including the total estimated construction costs of proposed projects; and
(5) the estimated relative financial contributions of the Federal Government and non-Federal participants in the program.
The Secretary must prepare and submit a report to the President and Congress a report containing a complete description of any financial, institutional, environmental, and social barriers to the development and application of technologies for the recovery of energy from municipal wastes.