- Find Attorney
The patient protection and affordable care Act is a federal statute of 2010. The Act aims at health care reforms. The Act contains provisions for the protection of health and other related provisions.
The provisions contained in the Act are:
1. to provide quality health insurance coverage;
2. to prohibit a health plan which withdraws coverage of an enrollee except in case of fraud;
3. to establish health insurance exchange plans;
4. to establish one or more reinsurance entities for reinsurance programs to assist in health care coverage;
5. to provide for individual health care; and
6. to impose penalty for any failure to maintain minimum health care coverage.