Performance Rights Organisation Law and Legal Definition
Performance rights organization is an organization that primarily acts as an intermediary between rights holders and customers. They provide intermediary functions such as royalty collection between copyright holders and parties who wish to use copyrighted works publicly. They usually collect royalties when use of a work is incidental to an organization's purpose. Royalties for works essential to an organization's purpose, such as theaters and radio are usually negotiated directly with the rights holder.
Performance rights organization are also called copyright collectives or copyright collecting agencies.
Legal Definition list
- Performance Record
- Performance Partnership Grant
- Performance Partnership Agreement (Environmental Law)
- Performance Metric
- Performance Measures
- Performance Rights Organisation
- Performance Standard
- Performance Standard (Environmental Law)
- Performance Standards [Education]
- Performance Supply and Surety Bond
- Performance Work Statement