Personal Space Law and Legal Definition
Personal space is an approximate area surrounding an individual in which other people should not physically violate in order for them to feel comfortable and secure. It is the zone around individuals which they regard as psychologically theirs. The amount of personal space required for any given person is subjective. It also depends on how well you know the other person. The more intimate the relationship, the less personal space is involved.
The law does not recognize a specific crime or civil action based on violation of personal space per se. However, the law does recognize various actions based on assault, harassment and unwelcome touching.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Accessible Space [National Security]
- Accidental Personal Injury
- Accommodation Space
- Accountable Personal Property
- Actio Personalis Moritur Cum Persona
- Adequate Airport [Aeronautics and Space]
- Aeronautical and Space Activities
- Aeronautical Experience [Aeronautics and Space]
- Aerospace Control Operations
- Aerospace Defense