Prayer For Relief Law and Legal Definition
Prayer for relief is a request or prayer made to the court. The term is usually shortened to prayer. A prayer is a part of a pleading, and it usually appears at the end of the pleading. It includes a request for specific relief or damages which the pleader deems himself entitled.
Relief in the alternative or of several different types may be demanded. [ Fed. R. Civ. P. 8(a)]. A prayer for relief is also termed as a demand for relief.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- 1040 Form
- A Fortiori
- A Fortiori Argument
- Absent Uniformed Services Voter
- Academy for International Conflict Management and Peacebuilding [USIP]
- Acceptance for Value
- Access to Classified Information (Military)
- Accessory Before The Fact
- Accompanying the Armed Forces outside the United States
- Accounting for Fruits