Principal Administration Law and Legal Definition
Principal administration is the administration of the estate of a decedent in the jurisdiction of his domicile. It is distinguished from ancillary administration.
“The principal administration of the estate of an intestate is at the place of his domicile at death. Administration in another jurisdiction is ancillary.” [Price v. MacE, Adair & Co., 47 Wis. 23 (Wis. 1879)].
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Accessorium Non Ducit Sed Sequitur Suum Principale
- Additional Principal Payment
- Administration Bill
- Administration Cum Testamento Annexo
- Administration De Bonis Non
- Administration De Bonis Non Cum Testamento Annexo
- Administration Durante Absentia
- Administration Durante Animi Vitio
- Administration Durante Corporis Aut Animi Vitio
- Administration Durante Minore Aetate