Professional Services Law and Legal Definition
Professional services are technical or unique functions performed by independent contractors or consultants whose occupation is the rendering of such services. Examples of some professional services: Architects, Attorneys, Accountants, Appraisers etc.
Example of a Statute in Pennsylvania defining the term Professional services.
15 Pa.C.S. § 102 [Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes; Title 15. Corporations And Unincorporated Associations; Part I. Preliminary Provisions; Chapter 1. General Provisions; Subchapter A. Preliminary Provisions]
"PROFESSIONAL SERVICES." Any type of services that may be rendered by a member of a profession within the purview of his profession.
Here profession is defined as follows:
"PROFESSION." Includes the performance of any type of personal service to the public that requires as a condition precedent to the performance of the service the obtaining of a license or admission to practice or other legal authorization from the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania or a licensing board or commission under the Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs in the Department of State. Except as otherwise expressly provided by law, this definition shall be applicable to this title only and shall not affect the interpretation of any other statute or any local zoning ordinance or other official document heretofore or hereafter enacted or promulgated.
Legal Definition list
- Professional Review Body
- Professional Review Activity [Health Care]
- Professional Review Action [Health Care]
- Professional Responsibility Advisory Office [Department of Justice]
- Professional Reinsurer
- Professional Services
- Professional Sports Contract
- Professional Sports Organization
- Professionally Recognized Standards of Health Care
Related Legal Terms
- Absent Uniformed Services Voter
- Acceptable Identification of Goods and Services Manual
- Accountants Professional Liability Insurance
- Accounting Professional Standards
- Action for the Loss of Services
- Actuarial Services [Employee Retirement]
- Additional Health Services
- Administrative Support Services [Education]
- Adult Day Services (ADS) (Health Care)
- Adult Protective Services