Project Safe Neighborhoods Law and Legal Definition
Project Safe Neighborhoods or PSN is a commitment throughout the U.S. that aims to reduce gun and gang crime in the U.S. by networking existing local programs that target gun crime. The PSN also provides these programs with additional tools that may be necessary to become successful. The PSN was initiated in 2001.
This program receives federal funds. These funds are used to hire new federal and state prosecutors, support investigators, provide training, distribute gun lock safety kits, deter juvenile gun crime, and develop and promote community outreach efforts. PSN support other gun and gang violence reduction strategies as well.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act
- Adoption and Safe Families Act (ASFA)
- Air Transportation Safety and System Stabilization Act
- Alaska Natural Gas Transportation Project
- Alcohol Boating Safety Act
- Approved Provider [Public Safety]
- Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials - International
- Aviation Safety and Security Research
- Berne Safeguard Clause
- Bicycle Safety Rules