Prosecutorial Remedies and other Tools to end the Exploitation of Children Today Act Law and Legal Definition
Prosecutorial Remedies and Other Tools to end the Exploitation of Children Today Act is a U.S. law, enacted in 2003 which provides for protection of children from sexual exploitation. The act is dubbed the PROTECT Act of 2003.
The Act provides for:
1.Establishes a program to obtain criminal history background checks for volunteer organizations.
2.Authorizes wiretapping and monitoring of other communications in all cases related to child abuse or kidnapping.
3. stronger laws to combat child pornography and exploitation
4. increased penalties for sex offenses against children including life imprisonment for repeat offenders
5. important enhancements to current “sex tourism” laws.
6. Eliminates statutes of limitations for child abduction or child abuse.
7.Bars pretrial release of persons charged with specified offenses against or involving children.
8. Authorizes fines and/or imprisonment for up to 30 years for U.S. citizens or residents who engage in illicit sexual conduct abroad, with or without the intent of engaging in such sexual misconduct.
9. Establishes the national “Amber Alert” network and “Code Adam” systems to recover abducted children
10.Assigns a national AMBER Alert Coordinator
The PROTECT Act also incorporates the provisions of the Truth in Domain Names Act (TDNA) of 2003,the Code Adam Act of 2003, the Secure Authentication Feature and Enhanced Identification Defense Act of 2003 and the Illicit Drug Anti-Proliferation Act of 2003.
Legal Definition list
- Prosecutorial Misconduct
- Prosecutorial Discretion
- Prosecution-Laches Doctrine
- Prosecution-History Estoppel
- Prosecutorial Remedies and other Tools to end the Exploitation of Children Today Act
- Prosecutorial Vindictiveness
- Prospect Theory
- Prospectant Evidence
- Prospective Adoptive Parent
Related Legal Terms
- 19c3 Stock
- 21st Century Nanotechnology Research and Development Act of 2003
- 3-A Sanitary Standards and Accepted Practice
- 3-Way Incandescent Lamp
- 30-Year Contract [Agriculture]
- 3780 Protocol
- 480th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Wing
- 707b Action
- 70th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Wing
- 9/11 Commission Act