Provision Law and Legal Definition
Provision is a term with varied meanings. In the legal context it could mean a clause in a statute, contract or other legal document. It can also be a stipulation or qualification made beforehand.
The following is an example of a state law (Montana) defining a particular provision:
Mont. Code Anno., § 17-1-502
"Dedicated revenue provision" means an administrative or legislative action that allocates the revenue from a tax, fee, assessment, or other source to an account in the state special revenue fund, as described in 17-2-102, or to a local government.
Legal Definition list
- Proving Disability
- Providing Carrier
- Provider-Sponsored Organization (PSO)
- Provider of Services (Health Care)
- Provider of Early Childhood Services
- Provision of a Fine
- Provisional Airport [Aeronautics and Space]
- Provisional Application [Patents]
- Provisional Certificate of Registration [Transportation]
- Provisional Courts