Public Warehouse Law and Legal Definition
All buildings, structures, or other protected enclosures used for storage of cotton or other articles of value for the public, with or without compensation, and all buildings, structures, or other protected enclosures for the storage of cotton or other articles of value where a statement is issued acknowledging the receipt of the articles of goods stored and undertaking to deliver the same are declared to be public warehouses.
State laws may regulate the operation of public warehouses and such laws vary by state. Laws may regulate such issues as: 1) the standards as to the suitability or adequacy for the purpose for which it is used or intended of any warehouse building, structure, or protected enclosure used for the storage; (2) recordkeeping; and (3) permits, inspections, and other rules and regulations relative to the conduct of the business of a public warehouse.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Abuse of Public Office
- Acta Publica
- Ad Vindictam Publicam
- All-Purpose Public Figure
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants [AICPA]
- Approved Provider [Public Safety]
- Assistant Secretary of Defense for Public Affairs
- Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials - International
- Authorized Public Chartering Agency [Education]
- Bonded Warehouse