Qualitative Research Law and Legal Definition
Qualitative research is a subjective form of research relying on the analysis of controlled observations of the researcher. In qualitative research, data is obtained from a relatively small group of subjects. Data is not analyzed with statistical techniques. Usually, narrative data is collected in qualitative research.
Qualitative research produce information on the particular case studied. Qualitative research can be adopted as a method to study people or systems by interacting with and observing the subjects regularly. Different methods used for collecting data in qualitative researcher are: grounded theory practice, narratology, storytelling, and ethnography.
Grounded theory practice: It is research grounded in the observations or data from which it was developed. Various data sources used in grounded theory are: quantitative data, review of records, interviews, observation and surveys.
Narratology: It refers to theory and study of narrative and narrative structure. It also shows the way in which the result affects researcher’s perception.
Storytelling: This is a method by which events are recounted in the form of a story. The method is generally used in the field of organization and management studies.
Ethnography- ethnography is used for investigating cultures by collecting and describing data intend to help the development of a theory.
Legal Definition list
- Qualitative Fit Test (QLFT) for Respirator
- Qualitative Analysis
- Qualifying Work [Education]
- Qualifying Widow(er) Filing Status
- Qualifying Widow or Widower
- Qualitative Research
- Quality Assurance (Trademark)
- Quality Assurance Program - QAP
- Quality Assurance Standards
- Quality Assurance, in Licensing (Trademark)
- Quality Audit [Food and Drugs]
Related Legal Terms
- 21st Century Nanotechnology Research and Development Act of 2003
- Accounting Research Bulletin (ARB)
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Aging Research
- Agricultural Research Advisory Board
- Agricultural Research Service
- Agricultural Research, Extension, and Education Reform Act of 1998
- American Educational Research Association [AERA]
- Animal Health Research Capacity
- Applied Research