Safe House Law and Legal Definition
Safe house refers to short- and long-term housing and related support services for victims and families following victimization. It is a secure location, suitable for hiding witnesses, agents or other persons perceived as being in danger.
The following is an example of a case law on safe house:
The safe houses were alleged used to harbor fugitives and for meetings at which crimes were planned. [United States v. Buck, 1987 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 736 (D.N.Y. 1987)].
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act
- Adoption and Safe Families Act (ASFA)
- Adult Member of the Household
- Air Transportation Safety and System Stabilization Act
- Alcohol Boating Safety Act
- Approved Provider [Public Safety]
- Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials - International
- Auction House
- Automated Clearing House
- Automatic Clearing House