SAVE Program Law and Legal Definition
SAVE Program refers to the Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements Program. The SAVE Program is an inter-governmental initiative designed to aid benefit-granting agencies in determining an applicant's immigration status, and thereby ensure that only entitled applicants receive federal, state, or local public benefits and licenses. The Program is an information service for benefit-issuing agencies, institutions, licensing bureaus, and other governmental entities.
The SAVE Program will provide timely customer-focused immigration status information to authorized agencies in order to assist them in maintaining the integrity of their programs. SAVE will promote the use of automated systems to enhance efficiency, customer service and inter agency collaboration, while protecting sensitive information.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- 8 A Program
- Ability One Program
- Abuse in Later Life Program [Department of Justice]
- Academic Competitiveness Grant (ACG) Program [Education]
- Accelerated Nursing Degree Program
- Administrative Program
- Advanced Placement Program
- Afterschool Care Program
- Agriculture Conservation Experienced Services Program
- AIDS Drug Assistance Programs