Self Service Storage Facility Law and Legal Definition
Self-service storage facility means any real property designed and used for the purpose of renting or leasing individual storage space to occupants who are to have access to such facility for the purpose of storing and removing personal property. A self-service storage facility is not a public warehouse.
States may regulate such facilities, such as prohibiting an occupant from using a self-service storage facility for residential purposes. State laws may apply which determine who bears the risk of loss when stored property is damaged or destroyed and procedures for placing a lien on stored property and public sales of stored property when the occupant is in default of payment. If an owner issues any warehouse receipt, bill of lading or other document of title for the personal property stored, the owner and the occupant may be subject to the provisions of Article 7 of the Uniform Commercial Code.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Absent Uniformed Services Voter
- Acceptable Identification of Goods and Services Manual
- Acceptable Quality Level [Agricultural Marketing Service]
- Acceptance of Service Agreement
- Acceptance [Agricultural Marketing Service]
- Action for the Loss of Services
- Active Military Service
- Active Military, Naval, or Air Service
- Actuarial Services [Employee Retirement]
- Additional Health Services