Senior Community Service Employment Program Law and Legal Definition
Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) is a program of the United States Department of Labor. SCSEP is offered by the National Council on Aging which provides federally funded part-time work experience primarily for unemployed, low income people, fifty-five years of age and older.
The purposes of the SCSEP are to foster individual economic self-sufficiency and promote useful part-time opportunities in community service assignments for unemployed low-income persons who are 55 years of age or older, particularly persons who have poor employment prospects, and to increase the number of older persons who may enjoy the benefits of unsubsidized employment in both the public and private sectors. [20 CFR 641.120].
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- 8 A Program
- Ability One Program
- Absence Rate [Employment Law]
- Absent Uniformed Services Voter
- Abuse in Later Life Program [Department of Justice]
- Academic Competitiveness Grant (ACG) Program [Education]
- Accelerated Nursing Degree Program
- Acceptable Identification of Goods and Services Manual
- Acceptable Quality Level [Agricultural Marketing Service]
- Acceptance of Service Agreement