Sensitive Personal Information Law and Legal Definition
According to 38 USCS § 5727(19) [Title 38. Veterans' Benefits; Part IV. General Administrative Provisions; Chapter 57. Records and Investigations; Subchapter III. Information Security] the term sensitive personal information, with respect to an individual, means any information about the individual maintained by an agency, including the following:
(A) Education, financial transactions, medical history, and criminal or employment history.
(B) Information that can be used to distinguish or trace the individual's identity, including name, social security number, date and place of birth, mother's maiden name, or biometric records.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Access to Classified Information (Military)
- Accidental Personal Injury
- Accountable Personal Property
- Actio Personalis Moritur Cum Persona
- Adequate Information
- Amendment of Information
- American Federation of Information Processing Societies
- American Standard Code for Information Interchange
- Antisocial Personality Disorder
- Billing Information