Service Law and Legal Definition
Service can mean the following:
- The act of doing something useful for a person or company for a fee.
- A person or company whose business is to do useful things for others. For example ambulance service
- An intangible commodity in the form of human effort like labor, skill or advice. For example contract for services.
- The formal delivery of writ, summons or other legal proceedings.
- The formal delivery of some other legal notice like a pleading
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Absent Uniformed Services Voter
- Acceptable Identification of Goods and Services Manual
- Acceptable Quality Level [Agricultural Marketing Service]
- Acceptance of Service Agreement
- Acceptance [Agricultural Marketing Service]
- Action for the Loss of Services
- Active Military Service
- Active Military, Naval, or Air Service
- Actuarial Services [Employee Retirement]
- Additional Health Services