Sex Offender Sentencing, Monitoring, Apprehending, Registering and Tracking Office Law and Legal Definition
The Sex Offender Sentencing, Monitoring, Apprehending, Registering and Tracking (SMART) is a part of the Office of Justice Programs within the U.S. Department of Justice. It is also known as SMART Office. This Office was created to administer standards for sex offender registration, grant programs, and assistance to states. The SMART Office was established by the Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act, a part of the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act of 2006.
The SMART Office is responsible for:
Guiding jurisdictions on matters relating to the implementation of the Adam Walsh Act.
Providing technical assistance to the states, territories, Indian tribes, local governments, and to public and private organizations.
Tracking important legislative and legal developments related to sex offenders.
Administering grant programs related to the registration, notification, and management of sex offenders.
Legal Definition list
- Sex Offender Registry
- Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act
- Sex Offender
- Sex Education
- Sex Desegregation [Education]
- Sex Offender Sentencing, Monitoring, Apprehending, Registering and Tracking Office
- Sex Offense
- Sex Offenses by Computer Committed With Children
- Sex Related Aggression
- Sex Trafficking
Related Legal Terms
- 21st Century Nanotechnology Research and Development Act of 2003
- 3-A Sanitary Standards and Accepted Practice
- 3-Way Incandescent Lamp
- 480th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Wing
- 70th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Wing
- Abandon [Shipping]
- Abandoned Infant
- Abandoned Mark
- Abandoned Mined Lands