Shakedown Search Law and Legal Definition
Shakedown search refers to a routine search for illicit or contraband materials such as weapons or drugs in a prisoner’s cell. This type of search does not need any warrant.
It was observed in Clark v. State, 395 So. 2d 525, 530 (Fla. 1981) that the warrantless shakedown search of a person will not violate his/her Fourth Amendment rights.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- 21st Century Nanotechnology Research and Development Act of 2003
- Accounting Research Bulletin (ARB)
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Aging Research
- Agricultural Research Advisory Board
- Agricultural Research Service
- Agricultural Research, Extension, and Education Reform Act of 1998
- Air Search and Rescue Team
- American Educational Research Association [AERA]
- Animal Health Research Capacity