Special Assumpsit Law and Legal Definition
Special assumpsit means an action of assumpsit brought on an express contract. Assumpsit is a Latin term, meaning ‘he undertook.’ Special Assumpsit is an action based on the defendant’s breach of an express contract. It is also known as express assumpsit.
An action for expectation damages based on the breach of an express promise or contract to pay a debt may be referred to as a special assumpsit.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Adult With a Special Need
- American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Area of Special Flood Hazard
- Area of Special Flood-Related Erosion Hazard
- Area of Special Mudslide Hazard
- Assumpsit Pro Rata
- Board of Legal Specialization
- Certified International Property Specialist
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist