Spite Structure Law and Legal Definition
Spite structure is a structure which is of no beneficial use or pleasure to the owner but was erected and is maintained by him for the purpose of annoying his neighbor or with the malicious motive of injuring the neighbor by depriving the latter's premises of light, air, or view.
Spite structures serving no useful purpose, but causing injury to the owner or occupant of adjoining premises, constitute private nuisances. [Baillargeon v. Press, 11 Wn. App. 59, 63-64 (Wash. Ct. App. 1974)].
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Appurtenant Structure
- Capacity and Infrastructure Program
- Capacity and Infrastructure Program Critical Base Funding
- Capital Structure
- Certified Historic Structure
- Comparison of Business Structures
- Compensation Structure
- Critical Infrastructure
- Critical Infrastructure Information
- Critical Infrastructure Protection Program