State Broadband Data and Development Grant Program Law and Legal Definition
The State Broadband Data and Development Grant Program is a program designed to develop and implement state initiatives to identify and track the availability and adoption of broadband services within each state in the U.S. It is a competitive, merit-based matching grant program.
The program was established to effectuate the purposes of the Recovery Act and the Broadband Data Improvement Act, through the award of grants. The Secretary of Commerce is the person responsible for awarding grants. This program is implemented by the National Telecommunications and Information Administration.
This Program is designed to fund projects that :
1. Collect comprehensive and accurate state-level broadband mapping data.
2. Develop state-level broadband maps.
3. Help in the development and maintenance of a national broadband map.
4. Fund statewide initiatives for broadband planning.
The following is an example of a federal statute on the State Broadband Data and Development Grant Program:
(b) Establishment of State broadband data and development grant program.
(1) In general. The Secretary of Commerce shall award grants, taking into account the results of the peer review process under subsection (d), to eligible entities for the development and implementation of statewide initiatives to identify and track the availability and adoption of broadband services within each State.
(2) Competitive basis. Any grant under subsection (b) shall be awarded on a competitive basis.
(c) Eligibility. To be eligible to receive a grant under subsection (b), an eligible entity shall--
(1) submit an application to the Secretary of Commerce, at such time, in such manner, and containing such information as the Secretary may require;
(2) contribute matching non-Federal funds in an amount equal to not less than 20 percent of the total amount of the grant; and
(3) agree to comply with confidentiality requirements in subsection (h)(2) of this section. [47 USCS § 1304].
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- 21st Century Nanotechnology Research and Development Act of 2003
- 3-A Sanitary Standards and Accepted Practice
- 3-Way Incandescent Lamp
- 480th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Wing
- 70th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Wing
- 8 A Program
- Abandon [Shipping]
- Abandoned Infant
- Abandoned Mark