State Employees' Dental Care Act [SEDCA] Law and Legal Definition
State Employees’ Dental Care Act (SEDCA) provides for dental benefits to those state employees who have served under state employment. SEDCA also provides benefits to the dependents of the state employees. The dependents include:
The following is an example of the state statute (California) which states the purpose of the Act:
California statute Cal Gov Code § 22951 provides for the purpose of SEDCA which includes:
1. Promote increased economy and efficiency in the state service.
2. Enable the state to attract and retain qualified employees by providing dental care plans similar to those commonly provided in private industry.
3.Recognize and protect the state's investment in each permanent employee by promoting and preserving good health among state employees.
Legal Definition list
- State Emergency Response Commission (SERC)
- State Educational Agency [Education]
- State Domestic Violence Coalition
- State Disability Insurance
- State Director
- State Employees' Dental Care Act [SEDCA]
- State Employment Agency
- State Energy Agency
- State Fish and Wildlife Agency
- State Grand Jury
- State Highway Agency