Stateless Person Law and Legal Definition
Stateless person refers to a person who under national laws does not enjoy citizenship, which is the legal bond between a government and an individual.
The following are examples of case laws on stateless person
Stateless person is not a citizen or subject of a foreign state. [MILTIADE v. DEXTER HOUSE HOTEL, 1977 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 13789, 1-2 (D.N.Y. 1977)].
A stateless person cannot sue a U.S. citizen in federal court. [Koehler v. Bank of Berm. (N.Y.) Ltd., 229 F.3d 187, 190 (2d Cir. 2000)].
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Absent Person
- Accidental Personal Injury
- Accountable Personal Property
- Actio Personalis Moritur Cum Persona
- Action in Personam
- Actus Inceptus Cujus Perfectio Pendet Ex Voluntate Partium Revocari Potest, Si Autem Pendet Ex Voluntate Tertiae Personae, Vel Ex Contingenti, Revocar
- Adverse Personnel Action
- Affiliated Persons (Securities)
- Agency Designee [Administrative Personnel]
- Antisocial Personality Disorder