Supplier (Health Care) Law and Legal Definition
Supplier in the context of health care means :
- a person, or agency or any company that gives medical items such as a wheelchair or walker.
- a physician or other practitioner, or an entity other than a provider, that provides health care services under medicare.
A supplier should be an authorized medicare provider for prompt reimbursement of patient’s wound dressing purchase. They have the responsibility of obtaining a physician’s new order. A supplier generally submits claims and accepts payment directly from medicare. Medicare allows a supplier to dispense at a time the bills for services rendered up to one month.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Accelerated Benefits (Health Care)
- Accumulation Value (Health Care)
- Actual Age (Health Care)
- Actuarial Equivalent (Health Care)
- Acute Care
- Additional Health Services
- Adequate Parental Care
- Adequate Veterinary Care
- Admitting Privileges (Health Care)
- Adoption and Foster Care Analysis and Reporting System (AFCARS)