Survivor Law and Legal Definition
Survivor is a person who outlives another. It could also refer to a trustee who administers a trust after the co trustee has been removed or has refused to act or has died.
Example of a State Statute (California) defining Survivor
According to Cal Mil & Vet Code § 699.5, "Survivor" means any relation of a deceased veteran who may be entitled to make a claim for any privilege, preference, care, or compensation under the laws of the United States or this state based upon the veteran's war service.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Certificate of Survivorship
- Hometown Heroes Survivors Benefits Act of 2003
- Joint and Survivor Annuity
- Joint Survivorship Agreement
- Joint Tenants with Right of Survivorship
- Old Age Survivor and Disability Insurance
- Presumption of Survivorship
- Qualified Joint and Survivor Annuity [Internal Revenue]
- Qualified Preretirement Survivor Annuity [Internal Revenue]
- Right of Survivorship