Uniform Law Law and Legal Definition
Uniform law is an unofficial legislative proposal in U.S., addressed to fifty state legislatures. The purpose of the uniform law is to promote consistency among the states regarding same field of law.
Uniforms laws are the creation of a non-governmental body, the National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws (NCUSL). The NCUSL promotes uniformity in state laws on all subjects where uniformity is deemed desirable and practicable. The greatest successes of the uniform law approach were in the field of commercial and business law. For example, Uniform Commercial Code.
Legal Definition list
- Uniform Interstate Family Support Act
- Uniform Interstate Enforcement of Domestic Violence Protection Orders Act
- Uniform International Wills Act
- Uniform Health-Care Information Act
- Uniform Health-Care Decisions Act
- Uniform Law
- Uniform Law Commissioners
- Uniform Law on Notarial Acts
- Uniform Limited Cooperative Association Act
- Uniform Limited Liability Company Act
- Uniform Limited Partnership Act