Uninterrupted-Adverse-Use Principle Law and Legal Definition
Uninterrupted adverse use principle is a rule that there can be a successful claim for adverse possession if there is uninterrupted use of land along with the other elements of adverse possession. State statutes govern the requirements for an adverse possession claim. Generally, in order to claim adverse possession the acts of possession must be overt, hostile, exclusive, uninterrupted, and under a claim of right, so as to give the owner or others claiming entitlement to possession notice and an opportunity to counter the adverse possession.
Uninterrupted adverse use principle is also known as continuous-adverse-use principle.
Legal Definition list
- Uninterrupted International Air Transportation [Internal Revenue]
- Unintentional Release [Transportation-Hazardous Material Regulation]
- Uninsured State Member Bank (Bankruptcy)
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage
- Uninsured Motorist Clause
- Uninterrupted-Adverse-Use Principle
- Union Busting
- Union Certification
- Union Security Clause
- Union Shop
- Unique and Innovative Concept