Verba Legis Law and Legal Definition
Verba legis is an expression regularly used by Thomas Aquinas to mean 'the letter of the law'.
When we contrast 'the letter of the law' with 'the spirit of the law', the medieval scholastic term for 'letter of the law' is verba legis.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Ab Auctoritate Legis
- Act of Legislation
- Actus Fictus In Fraudem Legis
- Actus Legis Nemini Facit Injuriam
- Ad Quaestiones Facti Non Respondent Judices; Ad Quaestione Legis Non Respondent Juratores
- Ancillary Legislation
- Antideficiency Legislation
- Blocking Legislation
- Bureau of Legislative Affairs [Department of State]
- Class Legislation