Vice Crimes Law and Legal Definition
Vice crimes are those that offend the morals of the community, such as prostitution and pornography. The responsibilities and duties of those who enforce laws against vice crimes include, but are not limited to conducting moderate to complex undercover surveillances and investigations which target prostitution, lewd public sex acts, adult entertainment, gambling and alcohol offenders in both city and county jurisdictions.
Law enforcement officers who deal with vice crimes may, among other duties, be responsible for conducting the background investigations on permit applicants of massage establishments, massage technicians, bingo establishments, card rooms and their employees and cabaret permits .
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Absent Uniformed Services Voter
- Acceptable Identification of Goods and Services Manual
- Acceptable Quality Level [Agricultural Marketing Service]
- Acceptance of Service Agreement
- Acceptance [Agricultural Marketing Service]
- Access Device
- Action for the Loss of Services
- Active Military Service
- Active Military, Naval, or Air Service
- Actuarial Services [Employee Retirement]