Video Consumer Privacy Law and Legal Definition
Video consumer privacy refers to the protection of the personal privacy of individuals and their families who rent video cassette tapes and movies and similar audio visual materials, without unreasonably restricting the ability of video tape service providers to collect and use information that is necessary to conduct their business.
Protection under Video Consumer Privacy Act is given to those consumers who are renter, purchaser, or subscriber of goods or services from a video tape service provider or video tape seller. A video tape seller or service provider who knowingly discloses, to any person, personally identifiable information concerning any consumer of such provider will be liable to the aggrieved person .
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Actionable Invasion of Privacy Claim
- Advertising Media Video
- Anticounterfeiting Consumer Protection Act
- Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act
- Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection
- Bureau Privacy Act Officer
- Business to Consumer
- Cash Consumer Protection Act
- Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act
- Computer Matching and Privacy Protection Act of 1988