Vital Statistics Law and Legal Definition
Vital statistics refers to public records kept by a state relating to birth marriage, death and disease. Generally, governmental bodies keep vital statistics under statutory provisions.
Admissibility of vital statistics is referred in the Federal Rules of Evidence. Vital statistics records are not excluded by the hearsay rule, even though the declarant is available as a witness. It includes records or data compilations, in any form, of births, fetal deaths, deaths, or marriages, when the report thereof was made to a public office pursuant to requirements of law. [USCS Fed Rules Evid R 803].
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)
- Bureau of Transportation Statistics
- Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality
- Central Bureau of Statistics
- Department of Vital Records
- Export Statistics
- National Agricultural Statistics Service
- National Center for Education Statistics [NCES]
- Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act
- Refinery Revitalization