Voluntary Association Law and Legal Definition
Voluntary association is an unincorporated society or body of individuals, formed for social, political, moral, religious, benevolent, protective, or mutual purposes, or to promote some public, scientific or educational object, or to facilitate business, and not for purposes of trade or direct pecuniary profit.
By its incorporation a voluntary association is merged in the corporate body, its members become the constituent members of the corporation, and its property becomes the property of the corporation. [First Russian Nat'l Organization, Inc. v. Zuraw, 89 Conn. 616 (Conn. 1915)].
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Agricultural Association
- American Arbitration Association
- American Association for Justice [AAJ]
- American Association for the Advancement of Science [AAAS]
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education [AACTE]
- American Association of Law Libraries [AALL]
- American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators
- American Association of School Administrators [AASA]
- American Bankers Association
- American Bankers Association Number