Wildlife and Hunting Heritage Conservation Council Law and Legal Definition
The Wildlife and Hunting Heritage Conservation Council or the WHHCC is an official advisory group that aims to promote and preserve U.S.’s hunting heritage for future generations. This Council was established pursuant to the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). The Council will advise the federal government about agency activities that benefit recreational hunting and wildlife resources, and activities that encourage partnership among the public, the sporting conservation community, the shooting and hunting sports industry, wildlife conservation organizations, and federal and state governments. The advice is provided via the Departments of the Interior and Agriculture.
The Council consists of 18 discretionary members, 6 non-voting ex officio members, and the Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies. The discretionary members are appointed by the Secretary of the Interior and the Secretary of Agriculture. They serve for a term of two years. The ex officio members represent five federal agencies: the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Bureau of Land Management, U.S. Forest Service, Natural Resources Conservation Service, and the Farm Service Agency.
The new Council replaces the prior Sporting Conservation Council (SCC) by expanding membership to include the archery, hunting and shooting sports industries, as well as including broader representation from the Unites State’s major hunting organizations.
Legal Definition list
- Wildland-Urban Interface
- Wildland Fire Assessment System
- Wildland Fire
- Wildlife and Hunting Heritage Conservation Council
- Wildlife Conservation
- Wildlife Conservation and Appreciation Project
- Wildlife Conservation and Restoration Program
- Wildlife Conservation Education
- Wildlife Conservation Society[WCS]
Related Legal Terms
- 21st Century Nanotechnology Research and Development Act of 2003
- 3-A Sanitary Standards and Accepted Practice
- 3-Way Incandescent Lamp
- 480th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Wing
- 70th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Wing
- Abandon [Shipping]
- Abandoned Infant
- Abandoned Mark
- Abandoned Mined Lands