Wildlife Conservation Society[WCS] Law and Legal Definition
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) is an international animal welfare organization based in the U.S. It was founded in 1895. WCS is dedicated towards saving wildlife and wild places across the world.
WCS is the world’s most comprehensive conservation organization. It manages around 500 conservation projects in more than 60 countries. WCS has five parks: the Bronx Zoo, New York Aquarium, Central Park Zoo, Prospect Park Zoo and Queens Zoo. WCS conducts awareness programs in its parks to educate millions of visitors about the important issues affecting our planet.
WCS protects iconic creatures in the U.S and all over the world. The success story of WCS begins with their efforts put forth in helping the American bison recover on the Western Plains. Currently, apart from saving the American wildlife, its efforts are geared towards protecting the gorillas in the Congo, tigers in India, wolverines in the Yellowstone Rockies, and ocean giants in seascapes.
WCS supports wildlife conservation work world wide. It offers grants to other nonprofit conservation organizations, state wildlife agencies, and tribal government. It also provides graduate education opportunities for future conservationists working in their home countries.
Legal Definition list
- Wildlife Conservation Education
- Wildlife Conservation and Restoration Program
- Wildlife Conservation and Appreciation Project
- Wildlife Conservation
- Wildlife and Hunting Heritage Conservation Council
- Wildlife Conservation Society[WCS]
- Wildlife Habitat Incentives Program[WHIP]
- Wildlife Inspectors
- Wildlife Refuge
- Wildlife Violator Compact
- Wildlife-Associated Recreation
Related Legal Terms
- Advanced Conservation Practices
- African Elephant Conservation Act
- Agricultural Stabilization and Conservation Service
- Agriculture Conservation Experienced Services Program
- Alaska National Interest Lands Conservation Act
- Anadromous Fish Conservation Act
- Antarctic Conservation Act
- Antarctic Conservation Act of 1978
- Asian Elephant Conservation
- Asian Elephant Conservation Act