Wildlife Conservation Law and Legal Definition
Wildlife conservation is an activity in which people make conscious efforts to protect earth’s biological diversity. In the U.S., there are legislations that aim to conserve wildlife and endangered species. The African Elephant Conservation Act, Airborne Hunting Act, Bald Eagle Protection Act, and Migratory Bird Conservation Act are examples of such legislations.
Wildlife conservation activities relate to the protection of plants and animal species, and their habitats. Conservation efforts are made with a goal to preserve the nature, and the endangered species for the future generations. Wildlife conservation is very important because wildlife and wilderness play an important role in maintaining the ecological balance.
Organizations, both on international and national levels are dedicated to wildlife conservation. The World Wildlife Fund is an international organization making world wide efforts for the conservation of nature, and the protection of endangered species. Wildlife conservation organizations/societies can be private or government owned. Wildlife conservationists work to identify plant and animal species that require protection.
In the U.S., the Department of Interior is the federal agency responsible for the conservation and management of the nation’s natural resources. The U.S. also has federal and state legislations that regulate activities such as logging, mining, hunting and fishing. These legislations aim to conserve wildlife and wilderness.
Legal Definition list
- Wildlife and Hunting Heritage Conservation Council
- Wildland-Urban Interface
- Wildland Fire Assessment System
- Wildland Fire
- Wildlife Conservation
- Wildlife Conservation and Appreciation Project
- Wildlife Conservation and Restoration Program
- Wildlife Conservation Education
- Wildlife Conservation Society[WCS]
- Wildlife Habitat Incentives Program[WHIP]
Related Legal Terms
- Advanced Conservation Practices
- African Elephant Conservation Act
- Agricultural Stabilization and Conservation Service
- Agriculture Conservation Experienced Services Program
- Alaska National Interest Lands Conservation Act
- Anadromous Fish Conservation Act
- Antarctic Conservation Act
- Antarctic Conservation Act of 1978
- Asian Elephant Conservation
- Asian Elephant Conservation Act