Wildlife Violator Compact Law and Legal Definition
The Wildlife violator compact (“compact”) is a program that provides for a fair and impartial treatment of wildlife violators operating within participating states. It recognizes the suspension of wildlife license privileges of any person whose license privileges has been suspended by a participating state and treats that suspension as if it had occurred in the licensee's home state.
The following state statute (California) lays down the purpose of wildlife violator compact which includes:
1. Allowing the home state to recognize and treat convictions recorded against its residents, if those convictions occurred in a participating state, as though they had occurred in the home state.
2.Maximizing effective use of law enforcement personnel and information.
3. Assisting court systems in the efficient disposition of wildlife violations.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies
- Authorized Representative [Wildlife and Fisheries]
- Candidate Conservation Agreement With Assurances [Wildlife Law]
- Candidate Conservation Agreement [Wildlife Law]
- Commercial Fishing [Wildlife and Fisheries]
- Compact City
- Compact Clause
- Compact of Free Association
- Comprehensive Fish and Wildlife Management Plan